Cliniko integration guide
Not receiving PDF versions of assigned programs? Physitrack is only able to send PDF versions of assigned programs to normal Cliniko account types, and not to accounts with reduced permissions, such as a Scheduler account.
Note: to better protect your clients' privacy, the Cliniko > Physitrack integration has been changed from importing all your clients into Physitrack to importing one client at a time.
PT Direct users: the Cliniko import from inside PT Direct accounts has been replaced by the practitioner-specific client import. Please complete steps 1 and 2 listed below for each practitioner in your account, and complete step 3 once for your practice.
Step 1: Generate your Cliniko API key
(this needs to be done for each practitioner)
- Login to your Cliniko account.
- Click on My info in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click on Manage API keys.
- Click "Add an API key".
- Enter "Physitrack" as the name for your API key and press Create API key:
- Copy the resulting API key to your clipboard (CTRL/CMD+C):
You may want to paste this into a text file or document until you are done with step 2 below.
Step 2: Add your Cliniko API key to your Physitrack account
- Login to your Physitrack account.
(on the web version of Physitrack, not the iOS version)
- Go to My account > Settings.
- Select Cliniko and paste (CTRL/CMD+V) the API key into the field below:
- Press Save changes
Step 3: Connect Physitrack to your Cliniko account
(this only needs to be done once per practice)
- Login to your Cliniko account.
- Go to Settings > Our clinic > Integrations.
- Scroll down to "Connected patient apps":
- Enter Physitrack as the app name.
- Enter the App URL as shown in the table below.
- Press Save connected patient apps.
|If you are based in...||...copy and paste the following URL:|
- Cliniko will now show an "Open in Physitrack" button for each patient.
- When you click this button, the patient will be opened inside your Physitrack account.
- You will need to be logged in to your Physitrack account.
- If the patient already exists in your account, the existing patient will be opened (and not added again).
- When you assign a program in Physitrack, a PDF copy of this program will be stored in the client's Files section.
Discount for Cliniko users
To activate your Cliniko discount, go to the My account > My practice page and choose that you are affiliated with Cliniko. Enter the discount code CLINIKO40 to receive your discount.
- Only one discount code can be applied to a Physitrack account, so if you have already set a discount code, such as for the APA, then you might want to leave this in place.
- If you add colleagues to your account, the discount is automatically applied to their subscriptions as well.
404 error in Physitrack
- Make sure that the API key in Cliniko matches that entered in Physitrack
If, after clicking "Open in Physitrack, you see a 404 error in Physitrack, please make sure that the API key that you've entered in your Physitrack My account > Settings page, matches the API key in your Cliniko account (see steps 1 and 2 above).
- If you are sharing a computer, first log in to Physitrack, and then open the clients from within Cliniko
The Cliniko integration does not automatically log the practitioner in (it only copies patient details to the practitioner who is logged in to Physitrack at that time), so make sure that you are logged in to the correct Physitrack account, and then open the clients from within Cliniko.