Recommended Telehealth workflow
The flowchart below illustrates the Physitrack Telehealth workflow.
- The practitioner invites the client to a call.
- If the client is logged in to their program and has the app open, the client is shown as online, and the client sees an incoming call alert.
- If the client is not logged in to their program or does not have the app open, the client receives an invitation email with a link to join the call.
- Also, if the client is logged in to their program on iOS or Android, the client will see a push alert / notification of an incoming call (assuming that the client has allowed the app to show notifications)
Ideally, your client will be logged in to PhysiApp (or a Custom App, if your practice has one) ahead of the call:
- Schedule a Telehealth consultation with your client
(this is done outside of Physitrack, for example in your practice management system).
We will be adding a feature to let your practice management system send appointment reminders to clients as in-app messages inside PhysiApp.
- Go to Library > Education
- Add the "Telehealth preparation" PDF to the exercise basket
- Go to the Program editor
- (If you want to add additional content to the program, such as exercises or outcome measures, you can do so now.)
- Click Assign
(If you want to add additional comments, such as the date and time of the appointment, you can do so in the "Additional comments" field, shown below)
- Click Assign program
Your patient will now receive an email with instructions to download & login to PhysiApp.
- Start your Telehealth consultation with your client at the agreed upon time
If your client is online and logged in to the app, and has the app open, they will see an incoming call notification and be able to join the call immediately.
Creating a "Telehealth preparation" template
- Go to Library > Templates
- Click the "+" button
- Create a "Telehealth preparation" template
(you can name it as you see fit)
- Click "Add content"
- Go to Education and add the "Telehealth preparation" PDF to the template
(and as many other educational PDFs, videos or exercises as you deem useful)
- Go back to the Program editor
- Hit Close
You can now assign this template to your (Telehealth-only) patients for a smoother Telehealth experience.
Telehealth instructions for you to use (or make your own):
Telehealth instructions for your client (PDF)
Telehealth instructions for your client (Microsoft Word that you can edit and save as a PDF)
If the integration between your practice management system and Physitrack supports assigning templates directly from with the practice management system, your template will show here as well.
Updating the text in the default email to your clients
To change the wording in the default email that your client receives, for example to make it more Telehealth-specific:
- Go to My account > Settings
- Update the text as needed
- Hit Save changes